Characteristics of the mezcal
- 100% wild jabali agave.
- Elaborated in the traditional way from the finest capon agaves.
- Naturally fermented with spring water.
- Chemical-free and no added flavors.
- Double discontinued distillation in a copper alembic.
- Cone-shaped stone oven.
- Distilled with oak firewood.
- Ground in a horse-drawn mill.
- Double supervision by master distillers Cosme and Daniel Hernández Martínez.
- Bottled with the highest standards and quality within the artesanal craft industry.
- An exclusive product due to its careful distillation process and the rarity of the agave.
- Ancestral legacy in a unique drink.
- Produced in the Zapotec mountains of San Baltazar Guelavila, Oaxaca.
Characteristics of the agave
- Scientific name: Agave Convallis
- Years to maturity: 25 years.
- Artisanal production: 50 kilos per liter.
- Also known as: Cuche, Lobo.
- Fun facts: : It is the most difficult agave to distill, with the lowest production and requires the most years to mature.
- Tasting notes: Strong and intense flavor in the palate. Spicy and leaves an aftertaste of grandma’s remedies.