Characteristics of the mezcal
- 100% wild Tobala agave
- Average maturity of the Maguey: 20 years
- Elaborated in the traditional way from the finest capon agaves.
- Naturally fermented with spring water.
- Chemical-free and no added flavors.
- Double discontinued distillation in a copper alembic.
- Cone-shaped stone oven.
- Distilled with oak firewood.
- Ground in a horse-drawn mill.
- Double supervision by master distillers Cosme and Daniel Hernández Martínez.
- Bottled with the highest standards and quality within the artesanal craft industry.
- An exclusive product due to its careful distillation process and the rarity of the agave.
- Ancestral legacy in a unique drink.
- Produced in the Zapotec mountains of San Baltazar Guelavila, Oaxaca.
Characteristics of the agave
- Scientific name: Agave Potatorum Zucc.
- Years to maturity: 12 years.
- Artisanal production: 15 kilos per liter.
- Also known as: Papalómetl, Biliá, Chato, Monte.
- Fun facts: : The most famous of the wild agaves. Used in communities as digestive and diabetes remedies
- Tasting notes: Floral with the refinement of velvety honey and cacao flowers.